Master molecular workflow.
- Run HIV-1, HCV and HBV in parallel with sexually transmitted disease/sexually transmitted infection (STD/STI) testing assays on the Panther system: CT/NG, HPV and Trichomonas vaginalis.
- Run up to 4 assays in parallel.
- Deliver continuous results to physicians without waiting to fill a batch
Comprehensive information for complex coinfections.
From a single patient sample, the Panther system can:
- Confirm active HCV infection in patients known to be infected with HIV-1.
- Establish baseline HCV viral load.
- Monitor HIV-1 viral load.
Leave the batch behind.
- Load samples as they arrive, in any order.
- Prioritize and run urgent samples.
- Run as few as 1 or as many as 94 clinical samples, with no additional controls required.
Unlock potential with random access.
- Access the instrument at any time to load additional samples or reagents.
- Continuous access so you can unload processed samples and load new samples as needed.
- Unload and store reagents as needed to reduce waste.
Increase productivity with full automation.
- Load and process primary tubes (PPT, serum, SST, ACD and EDTA) directly on the Panther system.
- No sample transfer or pipetting required.
- No operator intervention necessary during a run.
Small footprint. Big possibilities.2-5
- True sample-to-result automation: All sample processing, amplification and detection in one contained unit.
- Potential to consolidate a broad assay menu onto one fully automated instrument.
- The Global Fund. Global Fund and Hepatitis C Treatment. The Global Fund Thirty-Second Board Meeting: November 20-21, 2014; Montreaux, Switzerland.
- Data on file. Hologic, Inc., 2014.
- UNITAID. HIV/AIDS Diagnostic Technology Landscape. 2nd ed. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2012.
- Ratnam S et al. Workflow and maintenance characteristics of five automated laboratory instruments for the diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections. J Clin Microbiol. 2014;52(7):2299-2304.
- Roche Molecular Diagnostics. Cobas 6800 System Specifications. https://www.cobas68008800.com/cobas_6800_details. Accessed August 17, 2015.